2. John, R. M., Tedrow, U. B., Koplan, B. A., Albert, C. M., Epstein, L. M., Sweeney, M. O., … Stevenson, W. G. (2012). Ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. The Lancet, 380(9852), 1520-1529. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61413-5
3. Mittal, S., Piccini, J., Fischer, A., Snell, J., Dalal, N., & Varma, N. (2014, May). Remote monitoring of ICD patients is associated with reduced mortality irrespective of device type. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, San Francisco, CA. This was a retrospective data review and had limitations.
4. Faulknier, B., & Richards, M. (2012, December). The association of the use of the ventricular intrinsic preference (VIP™) feature with heart failure hospitalization in pacemaker patients. Presented at the International Symposium on Progress in Clinical Pacing, Rome, Italy.
5. Perego. G., Landolina, M., Lunati, M., Curnis. A., Guenzati, G., Balla, E., … , Marzegalli, M. (2012, May). Remote monitoring reduces healthcare utilization and improves quality of care in heart failure patients with implantable defibrillator: The EVOLVO study. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, Boston, MA
6. Crossley, G. H., Boyle, A., Vitense, H., Chang, Y., Mead, R. H., & CONNECT Investigators. (2011). The CONNECT (Clinical Evaluation of Remote Notification to Reduce Time to Clinical Decision) trial: The value of wireless remote monitoring with automatic clinician alerts. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 57(10), 1181-1189. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.jacc.2010.12.012
7. Sutton, B., Zigler, J., Gopinathannair, R., Deam, G., & Graver, R. (2013, May). Improved health outcomes and cost-savings with remote monitoring of cardiac implantable electronic devices. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, Denver, CO. Retrospective claims analysis of Medicare 5% sample Limited Data Set Standard Analytical Files claims and enrollment data across all manufacturers