Target audience/requirements: Physician assistants and nurse practitioners
Overview: This program is designed to provide in-depth education to physician assistants and nurse practitioners on the use of spinal cord stimulation in the clinic setting.
Objectives: At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the neuroanatomy and physiology of pain
- Discuss the pathophysiology and etiology of pain
- Outline the applications for spinal cord stimulation
- Review criteria for patient selection
- Recognize components of the spinal cord stimulator
- Identify key aspects of SCS patient management
- Understand SCS programming procedures
Scheduling: These courses are held throughout the year. Contact your sales representative to register or for more information.
Continuing Education units: This program has been approved for 4.5 credit hours through the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider No. 14057). No more than 10 St. Jude Medical–hosted CEUs are available per 12-month period, per license number. Directions for registering for CEUs will be sent via email with registration confirmation. Registration for CEUs is separate from course registration and must be completed prior to the course. Instructions for CEU registration will be sent with registration confirmation.