Safety. Protection. Reliability.
Each TailoredTherapy™ feature from Abbott provides physicians more control to better detect, diagnose and deliver therapy for cardiac arrhythmias at the point of implant and throughout each patient’s lifetime.
Greater programming flexibility with DeFT Response™ technology
DeFT Response™ technology offers the most highly adaptable, non-invasive programming options to rapidly optimize therapy performance to each patient’s unique needs and is only available in Abbott high-voltage devices.
With DeFT Response technology, physicians gain:
- Non-invasive programming flexibility in the management of DFTs to ensure adequate safety margins with exceptional energy delivery.
- More options for adapting to changing patient conditions following implant with or without induction testing. These options are intended to help physicians prevent fluctuations in DFTs and a diminished safety margin.1-10
- Pulse width programmability, available only from Abbott, which lets physicians choose the duration of each phase of the shock from 2.0 ms to 6.5 ms with or without induction testing. This method lets physicians precisely match the biphasic waveform to a patient’s unique membrane response time.11-14
The physiologic variability in the patient population means that optimal truncation times are often different between individuals. By varying waveform pulse widths Abbott, quickly and easily, allows flexibility and patient specific programming options.
Added protection with SecureSense™ RV lead noise discrimination algorithm
The SecureSense™ RV lead noise discrimination algorithm offers added protection from lead noise to reduce unnecessary therapy, and can be programmed to alert a health care professional via Merlin.net™ Patient Care Network allowing for more rapid, clinical decision making. Programmable alerts notify the patient and clinician when lead noise is detected providing opportunities for rapid intervention.
Improved therapy assurance with DynamicTx™ over-current detection algorithm
DynamicTx™ over-current detection algorithm provides enhanced patient safety and improved therapy assurance in the event of compromised high-voltage vector integrity and is only available in Abbott high-voltage portfolio.
Proven reliability and performance
Nine-year performance data from Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) confirms the strength of in vivo high-voltage leads with Optim™ insulation:
- 100% freedom from externalized conductor failures15
- 99.3% freedom from all-cause insulation abrasion failures15
- 96.4% freedom from all-cause mechanical failures15
- 85% reduction in abrasion risk with Optim insulated leads compared to silicone insulated leads15
In addition, studies have confirmed the abrasion resistance and biostability of Optim™ insulation:
- No externalized conductors in more than 8,000 Durata™ leads implanted for more than nine years.15
- No structural defects seen in cohort of patients analyzed among > 400 patients studied in > four-year period.16
- No chemical or physical degradation seen after prolonged exposure to the in vivo environment among leads implanted up to five years.17
Building comprehensive cardiac arrhythmia management
The Ellipse ICD is part of our cardiac arrhythmia management portfolio. Our vision is to transform the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias by designing cost-saving technologies that improve therapy outcomes. Read more about the portfolio and our approach to cardiac arrhythmia management.