Designed in Partnership With Physicians
The FlexAbility™ ablation catheter, with its unique flexible tip and advanced shaft and handle combination, is the St. Jude Medical response to the industry need for a predictable, durable cardiac ablation catheter with a strong safety and efficacy profile.1-4 FlexAbility ablation catheter offers the consistent performance and fatigue-reducing enhancements***5 you need when navigating the most challenging locations, especially during complex, lengthy procedures.
The FlexAbility cardiac ablation catheter offers unique and innovative features—a novel flexible tip and an advanced handle-shaft combination—designed to allow for effective lesion formation with potentially fewer risks,2-4 as well as excellent maneuverability and reduced deflection force.***6
Also watch Dr. Andrea Natale of the Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David’s Medical Center highlight the benefits of this unique flexible tip catheter in FlexAbility™ Catheter in a Real-World Setting.
Unique flexible tip
The tip of the FlexAbility ablation catheter may reduce procedural risk with directed flow and tip temperature monitoring.1,3,4
Tip safety design
- In a comparative in vivo study, the FlexAbility ablation catheter, demonstrated comparable lesion creation with significantly fewer steam pops.*4
- A temperature-sensitive thermocouple, located 0.3 mm from the distal tip, serves as an important indicator for monitoring tip temperature.4
- No instances of charring or coagulum formation were observed during a 179-patient multicenter trial.2
- Directed irrigation optimizes cooling with flow directed to the tissue.1
- One mm distal tip spacing optimizes signal quality.7
Next-generation shaft technology
With the FlexAbility ablation catheter, you can navigate anatomy with a catheter designed for accuracy and consistent performance.**6 The next-generation shaft technology of the FlexAbility ablation catheter combines optimized planarity, torque response and durability.
- Braid configuration on the proximal region optimizes torqueability5
- Optimized torque response5 and deflection force***6
- The unidirectional handle option provides better return to-straight functionality.**6,7
- Wire management design maximizes planarity and significantly improves durability.**6
Advanced handle-shaft combination
With the FlexAbility ablation catheter, you can reach challenging locations with less hand fatigue.***6 The handle and shaft of the FlexAbility ablation catheter are designed for comfort and ease of use, offering excellent maneuverability and reduced deflection force.***6
- A tension-locking mechanism allows for variable device control.
- The universal actuator design enables deflection independent of the handle position.
- A novel pull-wire approach is designed to reduce friction, resulting in lower deflection forces.***6
- The bi-directional handle option offers symmetric and asymmetric curves for additional reach.
Comprehensive cardiac ablation therapy and arrhythmia management
The FlexAbility ablation catheter is part of our advanced ablation and mapping portfolio. As a leader in ablation and mapping technology, our vision is to transform the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias by designing outcome-driven and cost-effective technologies. Read more about the portfolio and our approach to cardiac arrhythmia management.