Minimally invasive transcatheter closure is the primary treatment option for secundum atrial septal defects (ASD).1 The AMPLATZER™ Septal Occluder is the proven standard of care in transcatheter ASD closure.1, 2 It is designed to appose the septal wall on each side of the defect and create a platform for tissue in-growth after implantation.
Designed for ASD closure
- Shape-memory Nitinol mesh securely apposes both sides of the septal wall.
- A wide waist centers the device and fills the ASD.
- Polyester material promotes occlusion and tissue in-growth.
- Device can be recaptured and redeployed for precise placement.
Safety in numbers
- 98.5% closure rate with no significant residual shunt (less than 2 mm) at one-year follow-up1
- Low major and minor complication rates: Post-procedure and long-term based on five-year follow-up1
Watch more product demonstrations:
Defect evaluation and sizing
AMPLATZER™ Cribriform Occluder
LEADING INNOVATION IN STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE
The AMPLATZER™ Septal Occluder is part of our structural heart occlusion portfolio. Our vision is to transform the treatment of structural heart disease by offering minimally invasive technologies designed for conformability and complete closure. Read more about the portfolio and our approach to structural heart disease.