The Merlin@home wireless transmitter is part of Merlin™ Patient Management, a suite of solutions designed to streamline your workflow, support informed clinical decisions and deliver comprehensive care.
The Merlin@home EX1150 transmitter allows efficient remote care management of patients with implanted cardiac devices through scheduled transmissions and daily alert monitoring. Physicians can complement or replace in-clinic visits with remote patient transmissions.
The transmitter is easy to set up and use with a telephone landline, cellular adaptor or broadband Internet kit. The transmitter is set up next to where patients sleep or spend more than 2 hours per day in order for the radio frequency (RF) transmitter to automatically monitor their device.
Once the device data is read, the Merlin@home wireless transmitter automatically transmits the information to the secure St. Jude Medical website, Merlin.net™ Patient Care Network (PCN), where the clinician can view it.
Providing patients with a Merlin@home wireless transmitter allows physicians to take advantage of some of the more advanced features of Merlin.net PCN, such as:
- Daily monitoring of patients’ disease status and device performance.
- DirectAlerts™ notification, which can alert physicians if the remote follow-up or remote monitoring reveals an episode or event about which they would like to be informed.
- Better remote patient follow-up compliance through automatic uploads of data on the scheduled date with RF devices and transmitters.
- Alert notifications can be received via email or smartphone/mobile devices.
- Point-of-care pairing of transmitter to patient’s device at physician’s convenience; remote monitoring can be enabled as early as the day of implant.